A Week of Reflection

7:40 pm

I've just come home from 6 days away during my week off from work. It's crazy that it feels like both such a long time and just a second ago that I was last in the office.

It's also crazy that in just that short amount of time I feel like I've got a better handle on where my priorities are ... at least for the next little while.

It wasn't a conscious thing, but I've definitely been reflective on the first 6 months of the year and have some new goals to kick before 2017 is out. How kinda very perfect that my week off lined up with the turn 'o the half-year (that's a thing, okay).

I want to focus more on self-care ... or some version of that.

I want to get a hair cut - I'm thinking something new, maybe bangs?
I want to whiten my teeth cause ????
I'm going to try to be more introspective (again, ?) at work. I fell into a bit of a slump for a few weeks a little while ago, but I think I did a good job of realising the issue and picking myself up out of it. I want to make sure that I' staying critical and organised and being sharp.
I want to save more money.
I'm going to try to obtain some more furniture/general stuff for the townhouse. I'm such a homebody and this little space is my safe space, so I want to make it look like it too. I've already found a decent side table to run past my roomie.

Maybe I'll be creative too. I want to look into different hobbies, and maybe land on one I enjoy. After I stopped being a netball freak (that means, 24/7. True. Ish.), I haven't really had a hobby. And now that I'm a full-time worker / uni student I haven't given it much thought. But it's probably really nice to have a release.

I also want to get a 6 at uni. I want to be studious and do well and be motivated. Usually that only lasts a few weeks (not that I've ever done badly mind you), but I'm hoping to stretch it out.

Let's do July and then re-assess.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts